National Tutoring Programme
The National Tutoring Programme – Tuition Partners (‘the TP programme’) is designed to provide additional support to schools and teachers, to supplement classroom teaching, through subsidized, high quality tutoring for schools from an approved list of Tuition Partners. Our Tuition provider is Fleet Tutors. https://www.fleet-tutors.co.uk/
It is targeted primarily at Free School Meal/Pupil Premium children, although all children are eligible to take part. Selected children will receive 15 hours of tutoring in a variety of subjects, although our children will receive tutoring in Reading and Maths.
The TP programme aims to support teachers and schools in providing a sustained response to the Covid-19 pandemic and to provide a longer-term contribution to closing the attainment gap.
During the Spring and Summer 2021 Term our Year 5 and 6 children have all received 15 hours of Tuition.
The children taking part have expressed real positive attitudes towards the tuition and the tutors:
- Teachers make the lesson fun and explain in a way that helps.
- Tutors are polite and helpful and children feel as though they can ask them questions if they get stuck.
- The tutors are friendly and speak politely during tutoring sessions.
- We have gained new knowledge and the tutors have also helped us with work that we find tricky.
- They are simply amazing.
- They have helped me put more adjectives in my work.